Casio Celviano AP700BK 88 Full Size Digital Cabinet Piano with Ivory Touch Keys in Black Finish The Celviano line of pianos has been refined for those who demand an authentic grand piano experience. The new AP-700’s traditional design houses new stereo grand piano sounds and redesigned keyboard action. Utilizing a new tri-sensor spring-less 88 note scaled hammer action, every nuance and detail of your performance is captured. Casio’s new AiR Grand Sound Source provides not just one, but three of the world’s finest grand pianos. Dubbed the Berlin, Hamburg, and Vienna Grands, each one is the result of countless hours of precise analysis and study of their unique characteristics. They are faithful and expressive recreations of these distinctive pianos. String/damper resonance, mechanical sounds, and other subtle nuances complete the experience of owning three of the finest pianos on Earth. A total of 26 Tones are included, including other essential instruments like organs, electric pianos, harpsichord, and more. When speaking of the C. Bechstein piano, Claude Debussy declared, “Piano music should only be written for the Bechstein.” This history of C. Bechstein pianos begins with the company’s founding by Carl Bechstein in Berlin in 1853. Now, Casio has joined in collaboration with this renowned piano maker to develop the “Berlin Grand” tone, a balanced, elegant sound with a clearly defined shape. To create its exquisite clarity of tone and vibrancy, we analyzed the tone color of the ultimate C. Bechstein masterpiece, the D282. The resulting sound, which meets with the approval of even C. Bechstein master piano maker Werner Albrecht, has been incorporated into the CELVIANO AP-700 as the “Berlin Grand.” The AP-700’s sound is delivered by the new AiR Grand Sound Source, with 256 notes of polyphony. It uses Linear Morphing technology to create smooth, dynamic transitions from the softest to loudest
- This CASIO Celviano AP-700BK digital piano is ideal for ambitious amateur musicians looking for something special to play.
- The Casio Celviano AP-700 recreates the sound of three legendary grand pianos – including the C. Bechstein “Berlin Grand” – in an elegant, traditional cabinet. The Tri-Sensor II 88-note scaled hammer action keyboard offers authentic piano touch, with simulated ebony and ivory-textured key surfaces.
- The AP-700 features AiR Grand Sound Source technology and is developed in collaboration with C. Bechstein. It includes numerous impressive features for sound, acoustics and effects
- The AP-700 also models details such as string resonance, damper resonance, and other mechanical nuances of grand piano performance. Additional features include a powerful speaker system, 26 total onboard tones, three built-in pedals, and audio and MIDI song recording
- The storied tradition of the piano, an instrument with a long history going back to the 1700s, lives on today in three superb pianos. CASIO exhaustively researched and analyzed the tonal characteristics of these three full concert grand pianos, made in Berlin, Hamburg, and Vienna. We drew upon the full range of our digital technologies to express the tone color of these grand pianos in the newly developed AiR Grand Sound Source.