The ESI M8U eX is a 16-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 MIDI interface with a USB hub offering automatic port configuration and flexible routing for composers, producers, beatmakers, and synth aficionados. Ideal for connecting a variety of keyboards, drum machines, and synth modules with or without a computer, it supports standalone and USB-to-host operation. It features 16 MIDI 5-pin ports-each automatically assigned as an input or output according to the signal detected-and per-port red/green LEDs for easy I/O status indication.An integrated 3-port USB hub on the rear panel allows convenient hookup of USB devices such as a keyboard, mouse, and authorization dongle. The M8U eX is class compliant with macOS and Windows computers, and connects to your host via USB 3.1 Gen 1. It can be powered via USB (excluding the USB hub) or a 5 VDC power supply (including the USB hub). The M8U eX is supplied with a USB cable and power supply.
- 100% class compliant, works without driver installation
- Automatic signal detection allows each MIDI port to work as an input or output
- Backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Compact MIDI interface with 16 MIDI ports; eight on the front and eight on the rear
- Dedicated mode selector and status LED