The hand carved shells feature a horizontal ripple motif that suggests a flowing river. This exterior texture also makes the djembe easy to grip between the knees. Hand selected goat heads are secured and tuned by the traditional Mali-Weave system made of high quality nylon rope . MEINL Headliner djembes have outstanding acoustic properties reaching from deep, resonant bass notes to cutting, high-pitched slaps, and are ready to pick up and play right out of the box. For added protection of your instrument, MEINL specializes in carrying bags for their percussion products. The MEINL djembe gig bag (Model# MSTDJB) is perfect for all djembe sizes and is equipped with heavy duty nylon stitching and a strong shoulder strap.
- Carved from one solid piece of mahogany: the Meinl Headliner djembe has outstanding acoustic properties that reach from deep, resonant bass notes to cutting, high-pitched slap tones
- Hand selected goat skin heads: hand selected goat heads are secured and tuned by the traditional Mali-Weave system made of high quality nylon rope. These heads produce classic djembe sounds with a warm, yet cutting tone. Play towards the center for a boomy bass sound and slap the edges for sharp, popping accents
- Perfect for drum circles, live shows or jam sessions: The Mein Headliner djembe is a great all-around djembe for use in any musical situation. Drum circle players will find it easy to use right out of the box without needing to tune it. This djembe is also great for studio work and live shows under a microphone
- Medium size for any application: This drum measures 10″ wide x 20″ tall, A comfortable fit for anyone at any skill level
- Handcrafted artistry: The hand carved Mahogany shells feature a horizontal ripple motif that evokes the image of a flowing River