Plaits is the spiritual successor of Mutable Instruments best-selling voltage-controlled sound source, Braids. Not just a mkII version: its hardware and software have been redesigned from scratch. Just like its predecessor, it offers direct access to a large palette of easily tweakable raw sonic material, covering the whole gamut of synthesis techniques. Patch a trigger generator or sequencer into Plaits trigger input and instantly use the module as a percussive source thanks to its built-in virtual low-pass gate (LPG). https://youtu.be/_zYwdcYECdg
- Dedicated CV input for synthesis model selection. No need to activate a mysterious META mode!
- An internal decay envelope is normalled to the TIMBRE, FM and MORPH CV inputs: the amount of internal modulation is directly adjusted with the attenuverters.
- All inputs: 100k impedance, DC to 2kHz
- FM, MORPH, TIMBRE input range: +/- 8V
- HARMO and MODEL input range: +/- 5V