Design Kits with Authentic TR Drums, Sampled Sounds, and Effects
The TR-8S comes loaded with the largest, most authentic collection of TR drum machines available. The powerful new processor gives our next-generation ACB models a whole new level of detail and nuance, giving you that classic Roland boom, snap, and sizzle. And now you can incorporate preset and custom samples, creating unique hybrid and layered kits, and enhance them with specialized effects that inject professional sound design into the TR formula.
The TR-8S has every sound from the most sought-after TR drum machines, with detailed circuit-models of the 808, 606, 909, 707, 727, and even several modified versions. These are not sound-alike sample-packs or mere recordings of TR drum sounds. Each machine is a detailed, down-to-the-circuit-model that sounds and behaves exactly like the original hardware. All these sounds are yours, at your fingertips, and ready to use in your own productions and performances.
ACB Meets Samples
Today’s rhythm tracks require a diverse set of sounds and production techniques, and it’s harder than ever to sound truly unique. While authentic TR sounds are vital for producing drum tracks, mixing and layering sounds opens a world of modern styles and the exciting potential to craft your own signature sound. Pull from the extensive collection of preset samples, or import your own mono or stereo sounds using the SD card slot. Like the TR sounds, you can deeply manipulate samples with immediate hands-on control. Adjust decay and tuning and alter sample start points, speed, and direction. You can create a kit entirely from samples or mix and match with TR sounds for genre-defying drum tracks that demand attention.
- Born of the most famous and influential drum machines ever made, the TR-8S combines the best of its Roland heritage with modern production techniques and professional sound design.
- The TR-8S has every sound from the most sought-after TR drum machines, with detailed circuit-models of the 808, 606, 909, 707, 727, and even several modified versions.
- Pattern creation on the TR-8S feels natural and intuitive, thanks to the Roland “TR-REC” step sequencer that’s been the beating heart of electronic music production for decades. And now, it’s been enhanced and modernized to be better than ever.
- The TR-8S can store 128 patterns-each with eight variations and three kinds of fills-and patterns or variations can be triggered individually or chained together for evolving sequences.
- Like some of its famous siblings, the TR-8S has eight separate analog outputs, so you can process individual drum sounds through external effects or send them into separate channels of your mixer or DAW.